Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Garden

Here it is the third week of January in the Pacific Northwest, and the crocuses are up. Daffodils too, about 6 inches worth. Here's a little garden I passed today. I was thinking, this is the type of garden I would like. One with a little greenhouse I could start the lettuce and radishes and spinach in. I used to have a little greenhouse like that in Spokane. There I started squash and spinach and other plants. There it was hard to plant early. Here, really I can garden year around. Although the plants I choose are limited. I have kale in my garden now that needs to be picked. Carrots too. I grew the carrots in a large pot. They were still small by the end of the summer, but I'm hopeful they'll make nice baby carrots for a pot of hot chicken soup.

What is the weather like in your area? Can you turn the soil yet? Can you amend it?
Happy gardening,
Flower
Posted by Picasa

No comments: