Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Pea Plant



If you like to eat peas, plant a mess of them in the early spring. I have a special planting method that works well. Dig a trench one inch deep and as long as your garden row and about 8 inches wide. Now broadcast plant a mess of peas, I mean pretty much cover the floor of the trench with pea seed. Now cover it and tamp it down.

Along this row insert the stakes you will string your climbing wire or string along. Sometimes I use sticks from the brush trimming in the yard. Just stick them along the row every six inches or so. The peas will grow up these sticks.

When the peas come up, there will be a lot of them, which you want. You can also stretch mess along the row. The peas can grow tall if supported correctly.

Peas and new potatoes, ahhhh, my favorite. Try it, you'll like the results. Lots of peas in the early spring. Plant again in late summer. I like the sugar peas, snow peas and little marvel.

Flower

No comments: