Tuesday, July 29, 2008

False Solomon’s Seal

I love the biblical name of this plant and it's cousin, Solomon's Seal. It makes me think of a robed character standing in some huge hall stamping edicts with a huge seal. And when this plant is made into an essence and drops are taken, perhaps it quiets the mind, like lavender quiets the mind. When there is so much to do, and many of us feel overly burdened, an essence could help prevent you from taking on too many other people's requests. When life is narrowed to one's own choices, ah, much better. Now that I'm single I don't know how I did everything for him and everything for me too. Actually, I didn't. I set my own things aside. Now, that it's just me, I've had to figure out what it is I love the most and do those things. Really, I'd lost myself for awhile, and now I am found. Isn't that a song? Oh yes, Amazing Grace.

If you like plant essences, you can make your own. A good book is Flower Essence Repertory It explains the emotional qualities the different essenses help to balance and how you can use and make them. I have never made any myself—instead I buy Bach Flower Remedies from the health food store. But I have friends who garden and then from their garden they begin to make essences. It's not a difficult project, but it takes some time. The weaker the solution the stronger the essence becomes. The strongest remedies have no plant cells in them, they are just the plant's essence. It's spirit, you might say.

I believe the plants in the garden come in the same way that essences help a person. They do nothing if there isn't anything to be done. Imagine only what grows well in the garden is what the gardener needs. The plants take on more of the other person's request. Is this too wooie? Well, it's just a thought. There are nature spirits lurking about, well lurking isn't a good word, makes them sound like their loitering. They are probably just standing next to the plum or by the water spigot, watching. They are helpers, I think, so they have to wait to see what needs to be done. Too bad they can't cultivate. Or shoo off the deer.

Did I tell you we saw a herd of elk on the way back from Saulk Mountain. 60 elk. That's life affirming, and much different then overwhelm from too much to do. I was over at the garden yesterday, and most everyone's looking great. The pigweed is still in my garden. And it grows heartily. I must look it up and find out its cure. I'll pass that on soon. And today, it's raining. Can you imagine that? The first day of rain we've had in some time. Hopefully it will wash the rest of the seagull do off my car.

Okay now, must ready myself for writing practice.

Warm regards,
Grace Flower

No comments: