Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Thoughts

Here is what I've been pondering. What if we could let go of all our grievances. Perhaps this is called forgiveness, or maybe it's is something else, like the power of now. I've been pondering how my reactions made things worse in my last marriage. If had no reaction, or at least attached nothing to the things that came at me, perhaps I at least could have been calmer. Now I have a new friend, and for this friend I feel love. I'm wondering if I will be the same person I was before, or if I could muster myself to a place of peace. Perhaps just being an observer of what is happening. No judgment.

For many years I've been practicing no judgment in my writing and art. If one judges ones work, it is harder to be experimental and let things come as they will. But in relationship, if there is trust, and nonjudgment, perhaps things could be good that before were hostile. Or at least caused bickering.

Just a thought while the garden lies fallow. Some may be over there gardening still. But it has been raining hard and today cold again. I imagine even the grow boxes are doing little. I will go over and check to see if I have any chard left. The deer were getting pretty frisky when I last did any work over at the pea patch.

Okay, so check out the book The Power of Now for more thoughts on being with what is in the moment, rather than calling up all of tarnation for any little transaction.

Ciao,
Flower

No comments: