Monday, January 5, 2009

Vegan Mix Fertilizer

Okay, now this makes sense. If you're not a meat or dairy eater, then why put something on your garden that comes from critters. So you can get it from Territorial Seed Company. It's not cheap, however, 12.95 per bag. 1 lb covers 20 sq. ft. and the bag is 6 lbs. Also I'm thinking that with no animal by-products there would be no potential source of something strange—like mad cow disease germs. Although I haven't a clue if disease would be transferrable in this manner. Anyone know the facts on this?

And Territorial Seed also sells a neat stackable turbo steamer for your vegetables. So grow them in your vegan fertilizer, bring them inside and steam away. The unit sits separate on the counter and has three tiers. Nice for getting the dinner down quickly. I have always steamed my vegetables in a pan with one of those little collapsible steamers. Or I put a tiny bit of water in the pan and when the veggies are done, eat the vegetables and drink the water--yum!

Speaking of vegetables, getting lots of greens this time of year is important for your health. I know it is easy to go for more of the starchy foods, but I feel better pretending it is spring and I'm exercising daily and eating my veggies. I was reading in the book The Right Questions by Debbie Ford, that if you want to do something, say eat more great vegetables, but you still go for the candy and cookies as snacks, look at your real thought. Perhaps you think you want to do a better job taking care of your health, but underlying that, your thought is you are always a little over weight and not feeling great about yourself. This is your actual motivating thought. I'm going through my thought wardrobe and clearing out. It is after all, a new year.

Love and light, Flower

No comments: