Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Times

Well, here we are with a new president and the balls last night were fabulous for all. We'll be riding the high for awhile, then back to work, right? I went to a ball with my friend Brenda. We had our picture taken with the cardboard cutout of Barack. Very cute indeed. Folks dressed up in a blue velvet gown, Brenda in black. We both wore rhinestones and looked fabulous. The music was Cajun, the food home made, red, white and blue balloons and just so many smiles. Hope really has come with this election.

Today, although still giddy, I must get back to work. I have writing to do--as a novelist and memoir writer, I find scheduling time the most difficult. Since the divorce, all I've wanted to do is play. I guess all the pain needed to transform--play seems to be the answer. I also have a sweet man in my life now. This is new so don't have much to say about it yet.

Gardening is not far off. It's a given that we'll get the spuds in on Good Friday and peas are early too. You might do some planning now, drawings of where you will rotate your crops. Remember rotation is good for keeping pest invasions. And new plants add different things to the soil. So think about where you can add nitrogen by planting the pea crop this year. I had a lot of trouble with deer eating my peas. So I put a fence around the garden of fishing line. THey can't see it, and it isn't too obvious to you either, and when they bump into it, they feel it and back away. Works well. If you have the strands too far apart, the babies can step through.

Okay then, have a grand day--high from all our happiness right now. Hope and hard work. That's the answer. See Barak's book The Audacity of Hope

Ciao
Flower

No comments: