Friday, September 26, 2008

Libra New Moon



Monday is the new moon in Libra. My favorite astrologer, Stephanie Austin says: "The next New Moon forms on Monday, September 29 at 1:12 AM PDT at 7ยบ Libra. Libra is the sign most concerned with balance and equality, partnership and peace. Its shadow side is codependency and mistaking appearance for substance. This New Moon brings our attention to what we really want and whether we are being motivated by fear, fantasy, or truth."

So I guess where we are giving too much, we can find balance, being sure of our motivations for giving. I had a husband of many years who gave to me out of duty, not out of love. Well, if it was love, it was convoluted love. I guess for my own healing, believing it was love would be a good thing. Then I could settle into my heart in a different way. A satisfied way--afterall, it was a long marriage.

Today the garden is melting, it does this in the fall, twists and browns and melts. I'm not going over there for awhile, as I have so much work to do in getting it ready for winter, I just can't face it. My cold is mostly gone, thank you for your concern, and I'm on my way to the North Cascades Institute today for a down time retreat. I guess it's a beautiful and majestic place, with high mountains and a lake, Diablo Lake. I always wonder why things are named after the devil. That is what it means, isn't it?

I'm doing the The Artist's Way again. I've done it twice before, once for me and once with a group of women. It is a good process to see where one wants to go but stops oneself. To let go of perfectionism around art. Just this morning I was reading about shadow artists. Perhaps I've been a bit of a shadow artist for most of my life, why, I think because I was told I'd never make any money at it. You have to do work that makes you money, that was the credo in my house. Not work that you love and feel passionate about. No, money, money, money reigned. Well, it feeds you but doesn't buy happiness, that's for sure.

Okay, I'm sore today from Pilates. Do any of you do that for exercise? I've just started. It's hard work, all those tiny inner muscles—yikes. They're me biting today.

See you soon,


Flower

No comments: