Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Community Garden

I took this photo from the bottom of the garden near 10 th street. Everyone has it together, peas are up, so is the lettuce and onions. I'm slow, getting little bits of ground turned over now and then. I was going to get there today, but came down with a bug and stayed in bed. Sid accompanied me, such a loyal cat. I think he was happy to have me stay home for a change.

Anyway, tomorrow, back over there to turn a few more square feet and to plant something--lettuce, chard, kale. Kale winters over here quit nicely. I'd like to fill some pots with carrots--I heard they will do okay here if you cover them with netting. There the carrot worm, or whatever the devil is that drills into the nice orange flesh, that can't get in when the net is over the top. Sounds good to me. Okay then, back to bed for this sicky.

No comments: