Monday, May 26, 2008

Day After Ski to Sea


In B'ham, when weather is great which it was yesterday, everyone and their dog, as my mother used to say, come out of the woodwork. In Fairhaven there was a mass of people on the streets eating icecream and pizza and chicken in peanut sauce. There were jugglers and acrobats and musicians. Down Harris at Marine Park, the kayaks came in after the big race. The canoe lag was canceled because the river rose a foot overnight. Smart. All the noise almost had me bowing out and spending the day in the garden. As it was, I spent the day with my friend wandering around town, perusing the car show down in Boulevard park, and sitting at the beach for awhile to watch the kayakers come in. We had a glass of wine later, outside of Purple Smiles, and then went to a movie. Afterwards I tried to get the peat, but Lowes was closed. Today it is raining, I may or may not go to the garden.

No comments: