Friday, May 30, 2008

Peat Moss, my new best friend!




Peat and I go way back. I remember as a kid being fascinated with peat bogs--all those farmers going out in the bogs in Ireland and hunking out bricks of the stuff with a shovel. How cool is that, all sweet and mealy and brown. Well, everyone is telling me that it will loosen my soil. One thing I'd like is for it to make it weigh less so when I'm turning it over, my back doesn't get so sore. My back got plenty sore just hauling the two bails into the back of my Subaru. I was going to haul it to the garden on my way home, but honestly, I was just too tired. I'd been on the shopping spree, picking up things I needed out on the Guide, one being a new table for my studio and when I got to Fairhaven, I stopped there first and hauled the thing up this massive flight of vintage stairs. I was done in after that. So tomorrow morning my plan is to haul Peat to the garden. I'll try to snap a shot or two of us getting chummy so you can see how hard I'm working—lazy gardener me. Ha!

No comments: