Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fellow Berry Pickers


Hello, fellow berry pickers. I'm curious about your favorite recipes--if you have one, send it to me. I've made lots of blackberry cobbler through the years. One of my favorite recipes is totally easy--only takes two cups of berries too, which you can glean fairly easily first thing early summer--even now when the berries are becoming more scarce. So the recipe calls for oil in the bottom of the baking dish, about 1/2 cup. On top of this, a batter (this won't be exact because I have to find the recipe) but it is approximately 1 1/2 cups rice flour (I'm gluten intolerant) 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup soy or rice milk (I'm dairy intolerant) one egg, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. So pour this over the oil. On top of this batter spread 2 cups of berries and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts. Bake until nice and golden brown at 350 degrees. Okay, hopefully I can find the real recipe, but you can experiment. And for more berry recipes, see the The Berry Bible

In the move I lost things, not entirely lost, just lost inside the boxes stacked in the storage unit. Making a new life is confusing, mostly because the new begins to replace the old and then the old gets lost. Some rainy day I'll go to the unit and start sorting--ugh!

Okay then, all good sunny fall days to you and happy berry eating,
Flower

No comments: