Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fall Weather Front




It's fall conditions, the meterologist said. This is the type of storm front we have when the weather turns. The rain is back and thunderstorms. And the cool weather front--the good thing about it--the windows will be closed up and the noise shut out. Yes, even though living in walking distance to food and medical supplies, gardens and restaurants, book stores and clothing boutiques, gifts and flowers is fabulous and walking the great trails, walking places more often than driving, in fact, is good for health and the environment, but the village is noisy. I know, I already said that. So the rain to me means that I'll have more peace and quiet. And it means it's fall.

In he garden there is peace and quiet unless someone is rototilling. It is just off the beaten path enough to make for a little retreat. I never got there yesterday and probably won't today--but tomorrow, yes, I can. I will plant the kale, hopefully I'm not too late.


Today is a writing day for me. I have to get myself organized around my writing schedule once again. Summer is fun, and the break is good, but it's time to go back to work. Another gift of the rain for a writer, to go back to work. So more later, more about the work.


Check out the pictures from the garden, more dahlias. Very pretty right now, and the sunflowers are tall and splendid.


Ciao!

No comments: