Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Zucchini?

What to do with all the zucchini? Things get let go of, do you know what I mean? After awhile, the routine of doing things day after day, drops away. Maybe it's the routine of checking the garden excitedly to see if there is a zucchini yet, and then later, being satisfied by plenty of zucchini and forgeting to look for a day or two. Then comes a day when there are huge boats of zucchini taking over the garden and the remainder of the plant's energy is depleted. This must be a metaphor for something. A marriage?

Now back to endings. Do you all lose your energy or is just the Aries amongst us? It's great to start things, but when it is time to follow through--get a Capricorn, (my ex). Anyway, I was thinking about the trip I made to Mexico. It was March of 2006--and I'd just gotten the news. Maybe like finding out one has cancer, or a relative does, it was a huge shock to me to find out my husband wanted something different. Then began the process, yo-yoing at first, he was going back and forth about where he wanted to live and his @*%& identity. So I went to Mexico and sort of like the chick in Eat, Love, Pray, began devouring the shrimp sauteed in butter, the coconut drinks on the beach, the tortillas and beans, tamales, ahhh peppers--you know I said I was afraid of cayenne--well in Mexico I couldn't eat hot enough food. Did I say tequilla? I totally had a turn around the flavors I enjoyed. At a big indoor market, I ate the most delicious soup--a big pot with a whole chicken, potatoes, onions, peppers and this green funny looking vegetable that I can't recall the name. I will remember. So I came home and started making this soup. And eventually I changed from using the exotic vegetable to using zucchini. So that's it--chicken, potatoes, zucchini, onions, peppers, and simmer until tender in broth. Salt to taste. Oh, it is so delicious. Serve with tortillas.

So now, today, the attorney. My ex no longer wants to speak to me. This hurts like a kick to the chest. I feel hatred mixed with longing to have things okay again. I'm writing out daily affirmations and reading meditations. I must let go. Eek! I must.....

So the garden is wedded (when I proofread I'd written wedding instead of weeded) along each row. Not between, because my theory is, leave the weeds so the deer will eat them instead of the plants. I know the soil is deficient, because the pigweed is only five inches tall. What decent pigweed would stoop so low? Okay, enough.

Have a good hot day. Enjoy life. Feel the hurts. Create. Move on.
Flower

No comments: