Saturday, August 16, 2008

Two Weddings and a Divorce




Is this some sort of joke, to watch my sister lovingly attend to the wedding flowers for the bride and groom to be married in Duncan Gardens? And then end delivering the flowers with her, seeing the bride and groom's "first look" and being moved to tears. And now, back home in B'ham and doing my friend's hair for her wedding this afternoon. And to put the chocolate icing on the cake, my divorce was filed in the courts on the day before the anniversary of my marriage. Well, perhaps it is all a joke. Perhaps that's what life is, one big joke that we take personally, react to in ways that aren't healthful, get bent out of shape about, as my dad always says. Ahhhh, carry on with a loving heart.


It is hot today in Bellingham--so hot people are complaining. Do you remember all the complaining the other way--when it was too cold, when the garden was sitting there shivering? Well, I suppose when I see my garden today, it will be a garden of Eden. Maybe there will be a miniture bride and groom winding there way through the towering pigweed. Maybe I'll have some zucchini to eat and a ripe tomatoe. Maybe I can thin the beets because they will be three inches tall.


Later: My garden is very weedy--and I do have zucchini and a couple of ripe tomatoes. The beans are still scrawny--probably will give up on them. But I'm getting a bit to eat: spinach and broccoli raab. Tomatoes and zucchini, not bad for such poor soil. I'll amend this fall--promise.


The picture is of the formal gardens where the Spokane wedding was held. Many people marry there by the fountain in Ducan Gardens. My friend got married at the Roeder House here in Bellingham. It was a lovely wedding and who could have asked for better weather? Nice.


I believe in marriage. I believe in love--I'm on a mission now to find my own. That was my turn around. Instead of pineing away for something that didn't happen, just make a goal to have the thing I want--a loving partner. One who likes to weed--ha!


Later,

Flower (aka Fancy)

No comments: