Friday, November 28, 2008

"Australia"


I went to the movies today with my friend, Eileen. It was an excellent movie, a real tear-jerker, and a saga, which was nice for a change. You know how the movies these days kind of follow a theme or a format. This movie had good twists and lots of excitement. Love and loss. Fights and mystery. Just all around great. I cried off and on throughout the entire movie. So did everyone else.

Then we came back here and had turkey soup and pumpkin pie and chatted about finding true love. We both decided to sing for our mate to come to us. You'll see why when you watch the movie.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, have you every grown a yam vine or a sweet potato vine? When I was a kid we would poke toothpicks around the middle of a yam or sweet potato and then sit it in a jar of water. The jar would fill with roots and the potato would grow a lovely trail of vines. I adored those plants.

Hope you got out and shopped today. And if you didn't, hope you had a leisurely down day. For me, the movie completed the holiday.
Ciao, Flower

No comments: