Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Whoo-hoo!!!!



I love it that we're here on earth while history is being made. I'm proud to live in a country where people are growing and changing and accepting new things. That people are willing to work hard, to embrace diversity, and to grow spiritually. I was listening to the news this morning; it wasn't so long ago when African-Americans couldn't vote. Women couldn't vote. We are changing for the good. And last night, at an election party, we watched skyp, folks checking in from around the world, congratulating President-elect Obama. Is this fabulous or what? This is stuff I dreamed about when I was a kid. I'm completely giddy with a feeling of hope, that the changes we are experiencing in our lives are leading to good. And it is always best to focus on the good.

As you all know, I'm in my own changes. I will be officially single on the 10th--I thought it was the 11th, but papers came yesterday naming the official date as the 10th--which in numerology is a 1 or new beginning. Perfect. Somehow, last night seemed to be a turning point for me as well. Maybe because we are all at a juncture; maybe there is truth in something larger at work. It seems that way to me, that the universe is alive with possibility and change. That anything is possible. That we can effect change based on our own desire. So what are your desires? What is it that you want the most? What do you not let yourself do or be?

For me, it's art. I've wanted to be a productive and known artist since I was a child. Now, I'm writing like crazy and facing the push/pull relationship I have with my visual art. Really, all creativity comes from one place. This block I have around painting is not a block, it is a fear of failing. I know from gardening, that if you don't plant the plot, only weeds will grow, and plants that reseed themselves, of course. Kale, for instance.

So it is better to choose, than to have a whole plot of kale. Millions and millions of kale plants. One can only come up with so many kale recipes, right? Well here is one of my favorites from http://www.glutenfreemamma.com/

BRAISED KALE WITH SESAME SEEDS
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 bunch of kale
squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable stock or broth
1 Tablespoon of gluten-free Tamari Sauce (not sure how much for reg. soy sauce)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
DIRECTIONS:
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until almost translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute more. Stir in the kale and the vegetable broth. Cover and cook until the kale is tender - about 10 minutes. Squeeze with lemon juice. Stir in the sesame seeds.
Serve about 4.


Have a great day!
Ciao! Flower

No comments: