Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trouble in Paradise


Where do I get these titles? Can there be trouble in paradise? Pair of dice? When we were kids we shot craps, is that how you say it? I tell you, I'm from a strange era, naughty secretaries, bourbon drinks I mixed for my parents, playing poker with the other kids while the parents drank and smoke. Well, there are worse things I suppose to grow up with. Some folks grow up in hideous conditions; I grew up fairly well off. It was the abuse and alcoholism that rocked my world.

Anyway, today I will gather leaves and heap them on my garden. It rained yesterday and cleared right about time for the little ones went out to trick or treat. I went with my daughter and son-in-law around to the Fairhaven merchants. The grandson wore a dinosaur costume. I thought he looked more like an alligator. He didn't get it at first, asking for candy, but after awhile he was digging into the bowls of goodies just like all the rest of the kids. Very cute. There was no trouble in paradise last night. Just laughter and cute little fairies and pirates and chickens and witches.

I went to dinner at my friends house and on the way home it was surreal. I guess it was around ten and there were marauding young adults dressed as everything from scarecrows to fairies. They marauded in groups down Bellingham's streets. It was bazaar, but of course, I was looking at it all from beneath my naughty secretary outfit: black wig, black short skirt, heels, and white shirt. Of course there were pearls too.

Well, must carry on with my day. I've lingered in bed until 9:30--that's the luxury of Saturday, right.

Happy November and be sure to vote. Flower
PS The picture was from earlier in the day--we were just playing around with the camera.

No comments: