Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Sky, a Delight!




I started to write this morning, but then my internet was being a pill, remember when everyone was a pill, or was that just in my family? Anyway, I couldn't get it to save anything, then I couldn't get the blog to come back up. Then I lost what I wrote. Now I don't recall what I was thinking, but I can tell you the light now is fabulous, during the morning and evening that is, that pink and blue sky we get around here. It is particularly pretty when the color lights up the peaks, I guess they call that Alpine Glow. I just learned that recently. When I lived on the water I fixed the spyglass on the Cascades, where the peaks were covered with the most snow and then when the sky turned pink as the sun went down, wowsa, it was fabulous. That same color colored the garden, the big maple, the yellow flowers on the kale, ahhhhh! I'm a sucker for color.

Last night I went for a long walk on the boardwalk that scoots out over the bay where it touches into shore in Fairhaven.It was cold but oh so beautiful--perhaps prettier than I've seen the sky in a long time. And it was so cosmopolitan--german, russian, american, french, you name it, the language was floating on the boyant air. Good moods everywhere, sunny and warm on a fall day. Fab.

Okay, so I'm including pictures of Taylor Dock and shots toward the ferry terminal where the Alaskan Ferry comes in. In the distance you can see Lummi Island and beyond, Orcas.

Ciao! Flower

No comments: