Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Tree


O Tannenbaum, o tannenbaum--across the street in the apartment building I can see a Christmas tree all lit up. It's too early, right? Well, who knows these things. Lots of folks are holiday shopping at the book store. Tonight I read at the open mic at Village Books. The funny thing was I couldn't find anything to read because it's all to sexy. So I read from my novel--which is also sexy. SO I decided I'm a sexpot--what can I do. Anyway, sexpots garden, right?

Yes, and I have many plants in my condo too. Now I have a palm, and my cat is already chewing on it. I have many African violets, some I've been carrying around for twenty years, not literally, but I've carted them from one place of residence to another. They grow well for me, flower regularly. Do you know that you can root a leave easily. Just make a couple of slices perpendicular through the stem and lay it on some potting oil. Kind of cover the leaf, but not entirely. Then water it regularly. You can even cover it with a bit of saran wrap to make a little greenhouse. It won't be long before it send out new little leaves, turns into a new plant. You can have as many violets as you want--viola, more violets. See Growing African Violets for help with these plants.

This year I'm going to decorate for Christmas. I've been a Scrooge for many years. Just got tired of the mess--or just tired, or depressed. Probably that later. Depressed, then you don't do anything and the excuse is you're tired. But now I'm wired--the opposite of tired. And happy--well mostly. And divorce--completely.

That's all. Ciao!

No comments: