Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chinook Winds


When I was growing up in Spokane we, even as children, would speak of the Chinook winds. The winds that would come from the south, warm winds that smelled like spring, blew through the night and when we awakened in the morning, all, or mostly all of our lovely snow was gone. So now, we are having a Chinook. I looked out there this morning and mostly all of the snow is gone. I'm close to sea level, so up hill it will remain, I'm sure. But here we are back to our usual weather, which is both a good thing and a sad thing--I didn't get out on my skis like I'd planned. But the sledding was satisfying in a way that nothing has been in a very long time. There will still be ski opportunities, this winter.
As we come up on the end of the year, some reflection on the past year usually happens and then some goals are usually set. What I like to do is keep an on-going journal for New Year's Eve celebrations. Usually I spend some time writing down what I did during the year--significant things. Of course, 2008 was my divorce year. And then I make some intentions for the following year--for instance this year I want to find a new place to live. A place that I can really move into and feel comfortable. This place of 525 square feet is like living in a hotel room. And I pay for monthly storage fee as well--which seems to be a waste of money. To have all my belongings here would feel more settling.

Now that the snow is going I can make a plan to get the leaves on the garden. Mike has a truck, which is a good thing to have when you need to move leaves or top soil or manure. I'm glad I'll have his help with my plot. Plot sounds like underground real estate. Funny--that's what my mortician friend used to call it. I'll say pea patch from now one.

Okay, have a good day and begin thinking about the positive qualities you'd like to bring to life this next year.

Peace, Flower

No comments: