Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Snow

Well it's coming down, still. I went out last night to the Allied Arts Membership Soiree--which was fun, but the setting wasn't as intimate as the time before when we met at the Chuckanut Winery. This was at the Allied Arts Holiday Show. Which was sparkling and smelled good. Lots of jewelry, pottery, stained glass, baskets, paintings, etc. And good music, a one man band with banjo, harmonica, and foot drums. I like the one man band, so much music coming out of one fella.

So getting there was a risk, since it had snowed all day. Many folks took the bus. It's pretty easy getting from Fairhaven to downtown, on the bus. I may start doing this very thing, given winter is upon us with a vengence. I'm curious if the schools are closed this a.m.

I woke this a.m. with a slightly sore throat. I have an event tonight, one tomorrow night, the following night and the solstice. A busy social girl, which is the only way I'd have it. Sometime I feel a little guilty to be so busy, but hey, what's a single girl to do? I say, have some fun.

Well there will be no gardening today, but sharpening tools is a good idea. And if you have broken tools, such as shovel handles, replacing them is a good idea. A neat winter job, start up the grinder and fix those dented edges on the hoe and shovel, and on the broken tools, remove the pin and pull out the wedged in wood. I hear you can burn it out if you can't pry it out. Then put the new handle in and nail in the pin. Simple. And cheaper than buying a new shovel. Clippers can be taken to a sharpener and things with moveable parts, oil or use WD40. Clean the garden shed, make sure all your seed is put away so the mice don't get it.

Happy snow day,
Flower

No comments: