Monday, December 22, 2008

Solstice


A group of us celebrated Hanukkah and the solstice last night and it was good. Lots of laughs and good food. A fire in the fireplace and champagne. We made some affirmations for what we want to explore during the darkness and other wishes we'd like to manifest. Later I drove home through the falling snow, dropped my friend at her place and came home and watched a movie.

We have more than a foot of snow here. Amazing, and so close to Christmas. Definitely a white Christmas this year. There will be no leaves blanketing the garden for awhile-since now the leaves are buried under all the white stuff. But that's okay, this weather will pass. Generally there isn't snow on the ground all winter in here.

I'm thinking of fetching my skis. They are in Ferndale in the storage unit. Wish I'd planned ahead. There have been lots of skiers and snowshoers out and it looks like fun. And I hear cars on the road--how the roads are today, I'm not sure. Last night it was slippery. Probably the same today.

My plan is to go to the studio and work. Perhaps get so sketches going for a series I want to work on. Something about the heart and all the objects (objections?) it holds.

More later. Flower

No comments: