Saturday, December 20, 2008

Weather


Another storm is coming in. I heard at four this afternoon and I'm thinking movie and tea and garlic chicken soup will be for me, since I now have a full blown cold. Which I thought was only a little tickle, as I thought I'd had a little cold for awhile. When the grandbaby gets colds, so do I. So staying in and working on the Christmas cards, the class proposal for spring, and perhaps a little work on my book. And also, I'm thinking now, what do I want in life? Since we are coming up on the new year, knowing what I want in life will be good. Since life should be interesting, not drudgery. I am still doing some things that I'd consider drudgery. Even the art becomes that at times.

At the end of the year I like to take time to review what I've done all year and see what new things I want. There is the divorce, that is what is old and done now. And there are new possibilities for love. That is what I'd like this year to encompass. A love interest. Speaking of which, I met an interesting man last night. We went to a sufi concert in the neighborhood. It was interesting to be in a building covered on all the interior walls with rugs. These are imported from Iraq and Iran and Persia: different places. It is a huge space and once inside with the music etc, I just felt transported. And then I wanted to continue to be transported. That makes me happy, moving in my mind to someplace else, trying out all the good feelings.

So today, I can transport myself with art and music and movie, good food. And I can figure out what will happen for the new year. Gardening, friends (love) and good writing. Of course there will be more loss too. I feel something coming. Aged parents, friends, other things. I hope not too much more loss. It is hard on everyone. We could make a pact to envision good for the planet and thus ourselves. To imagine what we could each do for each other and the earth, a commitment for the coming year. I'm going to ride my bike and take the bus. And I'm going to follow through with my art projects, believing in my creativity as the source of my happiness.

Ciao! Flower

No comments: