Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happiness


Happiness is warm sun—ha, ha! Well, happiness is a lush garden, a beautiful sunset, a wonderful smell of rain in the air, a laughing child. I'm thinking this morning that now at the end of the year, happiness is a goal. You all know I've been through hell this last year with the divorce and move, etc. And I've had lower than low points emotionally. And now, I'm free. In my freedom I at first thought I might go wild. Be like a teen again, but now, I'm feeling different energy. Perhaps like a growing plant, reaching for sun and water. Or perhaps like a child, discovering new each day, or each moment even. So now as I experience happiness, I want this to be my way of life. Even if it isn't every moment that I feel happy, I can aspire to more strung together.

AMAG, the chaneled Masters. say that this brilliant state of joy is our natural state. I know I experience joy or bliss from time to time, but not all the time. What would that be like? Something to taste, maybe slowly, taste every day, more and more. Ways to taste this bliss, think of the grandbaby running his fingers through my hair when he turns shy meeting new friends, or discovering a bloom on a orchid, or having my cat curl on my lap, laughing with a friend, hiking in the snow, listening to the birds, sitting with a crying friend. Yes, even that last one has an element of joy in it. Whenever we feel our hearts connect and it is beautiful.

Now I know this is a contrast to what I was writing back in August. I was just hanging in there. I've done multiple things to heal: Vit D, writing, sitting with friends, therapy, acupuncture, exercise, art. You name it, because it takes everything to get over loss. And it is still here inside of me, like a bulb underground, and it could grow, if I gave it something to grow on. But right now, here at the new year, I'm into happiness and I'm inviting you to try it out too.

Hugs, Flower

No comments: