Friday, June 13, 2008

Cedar for Father Sky and all Father's out there.


My father and I have had a lot of rough water flooding us through the years. I still love him, however, I don't codone many of the things he's done. That said, it has been difficult at times to pick out cards that really carry the sentiment I feel, and at the same time show him I love him despite the difficulties we've had. He isn't much of a gardener, although he grows many things, mostly businesses. He never took away my gardens, although, he gave my sister a garden when we moved once, a very lovely garden. I'd been the only gardener in the family, besides my mother's petunia boxes. That was typical, giving and taking away.
The garden does that too, gives us lovely plants, such as a red, red tomato, and perhaps a blight the next day. I ponder impermanence, both because of my interest in Buddhism and because of life and living in the moment theories. All of it is worth thinking about, but doing is the best. Today, I may or may not garden. I'm still wrestling a bit with a spring cold. I think it is supposed to be warmer for a few days, so we'll see. Ciao!

No comments: