Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gloomy Morning


Well, I really am having trouble letting go of my almost-ex-husband. So what does that have to do with gardening? I'm not sure, but there's all that mint that has trouble letting go of the soil and water, all lush in the corner of my garden plot. It's so tenacious, the roots traveling underground, new stems coming up along the runners. In the woods around here, when a cedar tree falls, it becomes a nursery log and new trees sprout in it's composting trunk, so the new trees grow in a row. So sweet. As far as a fallen marriage goes, I guess new parts of me are being forced to grow along the fallen parts. Each part of me has to break down, turn to compost and then regrow something new. The part I'm working on now is letting someone else have him. Ooh, that bothers me. But everything is impermanent. The garden teaches me that. Plants have a short life cycle. Although I do have a Hoya that is 32 years old. I've carried it from one residence to another. Funny how things work out. Something that seems permanent, isn't.
So the garden rules summarized:

1. A plot cannot be left unattended for more that two weeks. (Oops!)
2. No weeds pulled and left in the garden.
3. Conserve water.
4. Rocks go in rock pile.
5. Weeds go in compost pile.
6. No pets and keep tabs on children.
7. Weed-free and looking neat please.
8. A plot not maintained for more than 30 days will be re-assigned.
9. Fencing within plot borders only.
Etc.

Here's the grandbaby. I'm feeling better now. Ciao!

No comments: