Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friends Help


Today I ran into my friends at breakfast and asked if they'd seen the garden yet. They've just recently returned from Italy, and have mostly been dealing with jet lag for the past week, so of course the answer was no. So while my new friend and I were finishing breakfast, I saw them heading across the street down 1oth toward the garden. Once we finished breakfast, my friend and I walked over to the garden, and low and behold, they'd dug up the last 20 or so sq. ft. of weeds. What a blessing. Now tomorrow, the grandbaby and I will get something planted. He can take his new duck watering can and water in the seeds and we'll all be happy. Here's a cute picture of Harley in the garden. They'll put in some beets and beans. Maybe cukes. They had so many cukes last year that I had all I wanted without even growing any.




Now this really has nothing to do with gardening, but do see "Young at Heart" if you get a chance. It's a lovely movie and it swings you from happy to sad to happy again. It's very uplifting and life affirming.

No comments: