Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spinach and the Space-Time Continuium


Hey, hey, hey--the sun is out. I spent a couple of hours over there today, and I feel great. I planted spinach and kale. I'm keeping with the cool weather crops because it's supposed to cool down again after today. I think this might be the summer that wasn't. People are calling it Junuary--ha, ha. We've had other summers that have remained cool and rainy all summer--but I think this one is record cool so far.

Now for the space-time continuium. We're always traveling in time, to the past, to the furture. It is rare that we stay in the moment. This is one of the things I've been practicing, staying in the moment, for some time--and the garden teaches this. I think it does because it is closeup and immediate. In writing the immediacy of the scene keeps the reader present and focused. In life, we daydream about what could be or what has been, we skip around in time a great deal. If all our experiences are piled up like a shish-kabob, then perhaps we can time travel and at the same time be present. I'm experimenting with this theroy.

Now for Findhorn--I went to the site to sign up, and things got a little confusing. I'll go back adn look again, see what I did wrong in the sign-in process. I have had two friends who've visited Findhorn, and I'm so interested in that place. So when I know more, I'll let you know. As for nature spirts, I only saw the one in the photo.

Ciao!

No comments: